Saturday night was my 7th American Cancer Society Relay For Life event. I love Relay for so many reasons – from the cause, to the camaraderie, to the symbolism. A few of this year’s highlights:
- I had the biggest team to date, with 30 people representing Team Dukes.
- Our team raised over $3,000 – approximately $27,000 over the last six years!
- I’m proud to say we had a breast cancer survivor on our team this year!
- My husband made a couple of awesome light-up signs for our team – one we carried around as we walked the track for eight hours.
- Thanks in part to all of the above, our team won the Spirit of Relay award!
- My thoughtful team gave me a framed, signed print and a pedicure thanking me for being team captain (even though I couldn’t do it without them).
- My 2-year-old stayed up until 1 a.m., playing hard around the track, in the long jump sand pit, and in the bounce house. She was a crazy, fun, hot mess!