For those of you who have been following my blog the last couple of days, you may or may not have guessed where we traveled. The answer….
Amazingly, I actually won an Atlanta Getaway through Passports With Purpose. They raised over $100,000 through the raffle to install water wells in Haiti (which is a passion of mine). I spent $40 on 4 raffle tickets, and I chose this one because I love scuba diving/marine life. I have no idea what my chances of winning were, but I do know they were very slim. I figured the $40 would be a nice Christmas donation. I had no idea I’d actually win. The prize package included:
- A two-night stay at a suite in the Omni Hotel (thank you Omni for donating the prize package!)
- Tickets to the Georgia Aquarium and diving with whale sharks (the only place in the world you’re guaranteed to swim with them!)
- Tickets to the CNN World Headquarters Tour
- Tickets to the Coca-Cola Factory
- A $200 spa credit at the hotel
It didn’t take long for me to find available dates, book the trip, and enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime experience! Below are a few photos of Atlanta. More photos of the trip to come.