A friend stopped by to meet Baby K yesterday and brought three adorable headbands – this one is my favorite!
I saw this beautiful bouquet at the Maple Leaf Festival this weekend. It was only $10, and looking back, I wonder if I should have bought it. But what could be better than a photo that lasts forever?
You will probably see quite a few fall photos on this blog over the next couple of months. It’s my favorite time of year, and I have a house now, which means room to decorate! I’m even making a few of my own pieces this year. (Just call me Martha.) This was one of the centerpieces at my bridal shower 4 years ago. I love that I’ve been able to re-use it! (We definitely picked a good season to get married.)
Fall is just a few days away. Here are a few things I’m looking forward to during this favorite season of mine …
- Photographing the turning leaves
- Hot chocolate, chai tea, and maybe even a pumpkin spiced latte or two
- Craft festivals
- Decorating my home for fall
- Fall lawn renovation and new siding – pretty much a complete outdoor makeover on our home
- The return of Biggest Loser and Sing-Off
- Pumpkin baked goods & chili
- Football games
- Family/friend get-togethers with s’mores
- Our fall races (a 5k, 4 mile run, and maybe a couple of others)
- Leaving the windows open during cooler (but not too cool) weather
- An ultrasound, feeling our baby move for the first time
One of my hanging baskets is silhouetted against a beautiful September sunset.
A delicate lavender bloom at our house … any takers on what kind of plant this is?
(By the way, the answer to Wednesday’s photo is Sheltie puppies!)
A purple wildflower on our walk the other evening.
Sometimes leaves can be just as pretty as blooms, especially when the sun hits them just right and they’re covered in water droplets. I have to say though, I’m looking forward to this lily blooming.
This flower recently started blooming at our house – can anyone name it? It started out with very long, pretty leaves, so I didn’t even realize it was going to bloom until the buds formed.
Lilies are my favorite flowers, so I can’t help but post a second photo of this beauty blooming in my garden. This was taken with my 50 mm lens. Be sure to check out yesterday’s photo too, if you missed it.