One of my best friends and fellow blogger Mandy nominated me for the Liebster Award for small blogs. Her blog is all about fitness and adventure – two things I’m passionate about too – and she’s written about a lot of the adventures we’ve done together. You should check it out.
I hear you can change the rules, so here is “my version” of the award.
After being acknowledged, you should…
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you in a post.
- Tell 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created.
- List 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve some recognition. Since I follow so many other fabulous photographers and bloggers, I’m not going to pick 11. I’m going to leave this open to whomever wants to answer the questions. I’d love to learn more about all of you. I know, I know – that kind of defeats the purpose of an award. But I hate singling people out.
- Finally, if you decide to answer the questions, please link back to this blog post so I know about it!
11 Facts About Me
- My love of photography started when my dad showed me how to use his Pentax SLR camera in middle school or high school. We went to some rural spots and shot lots of black and white photos.
- I’m only 5’2”.
- Thanks to Pinterest, I enjoy cooking and use a food processor regularly. And I just made my first batch of frozen yogurt yesterday with a $15 ice cream maker from Aldi. It was fabulous.
- Although I work out at least 6 hours/week, I hated sports in high school (aside from cycling).
- I rode my bicycle across Kansas (~500 miles) when I was 14. And again when I was 16 and 17.
- My college mascot was a gorilla – the only one in the country!
- I played trombone from 5th grade until I graduated college. The one thing I missed the most after graduating was marching band. You can call me a band geek – I don’t mind.
- My husband and I met in a Legal and Social Environment of Business class. Romantic, huh?
- I was lucky enough to land my dream job right out of college – working as a graphic designer for a non-profit.
- I want to go to the summer Olympics in Brazil in 2016.
- Just because I’m creative doesn’t mean I know how to decorate my home. I follow home decor and organization blogs, and I visit antique/re-purpose stores often, but I’m horrible at it.
11 Questions to Answer
- What band or artist should I be listening to right now?
Pentatonix and Piano Guys. If you’ve never heard of them, you seriously need to check them out. They are amazing musical artists.
- What makes you follow a blog or leads you to comment?
I usually find blogs by recommendations from friends, or happen upon them through Pinterest or facebook, or another blogger follows me first. I only comment when 1) I know the person, 2) I’m inspired, 3) I’ve seen an amazing photo on another photo blogger’s site.
- Why do you continue to blog?It motivates me to continue taking pictures and become a better photographer, plus I just like sharing my photos!
- What are your three must-haves if you were stuck on a deserted island?
Well, if I could choose anything, I’d pick my grandpa, because he was the epitome of an outdoorsman. He could do anything. Unfortunately passed away a couple of years ago. Number 2 would be fresh water and number 3 would flares. I’m practical.
- What’s your all-time favorite meal or dining experience?
I’m going to say something new, different, tasty, and healthy that I’ve created at home. That always makes me feel happy.
- Where’s your favorite vacation spot that you have already visited?
I’ve been blessed with many opportunities to travel, so that’s really hard. The best culture spot would be Italy, the most beautiful would be Hawaii, and the most adventurous would be the desert southwest. (Grand Canyon, Arches National Park, Moab, etc.)
- What’s a side of your personality that isn’t clear by your blog?
I suppose most of it since my photo blog doesn’t often show personality.
- How did you end up in the city you live in?
I was born in a small town south of Kansas City, and I knew I wanted to end up in the KC area. After college I found that cost of living was cheaper on the north side of KC, so I moved “north of the river.” My husband landed a job about 15 minutes from where we live now, so we purchased a house and made it home.
- How would you spend a perfect day?
When I think of my favorite days, they almost always include groups of my favorite people, adventure, or doing a service project like a mission trip. So I guess I’d like to transport all of my family and friends to Haiti to play with adorable Haitian children, then finish the day up by scuba diving together. Ha!
- What is your favorite trait about your favorite person?
His laid-back personality and ability to stay calm in any situation. (You’re welcome, Jerod.)
- What’s your drink of choice (alcoholic or nonalcoholic)?
Iced tea, a fruit smoothie, or a good semi-sweet wine.