Here is another photo from the gorgeous Weston Bend State Park. For more info about the hike & a couple more photos, see yesterday’s blog post.
The first beautiful leaf fallen from our maple tree (taken before the tree turned a brilliant yellow).
My husband and I had the best time exploring Moses H. Cone Memorial Park on our fall engagement vacation a few years ago. It was the day after we got engaged, and I was in heaven – with both the gorgeous views and anticipation for what the future held.
You will probably see quite a few fall photos on this blog over the next couple of months. It’s my favorite time of year, and I have a house now, which means room to decorate! I’m even making a few of my own pieces this year. (Just call me Martha.) This was one of the centerpieces at my bridal shower 4 years ago. I love that I’ve been able to re-use it! (We definitely picked a good season to get married.)
Fall is just a few days away. Here are a few things I’m looking forward to during this favorite season of mine …
- Photographing the turning leaves
- Hot chocolate, chai tea, and maybe even a pumpkin spiced latte or two
- Craft festivals
- Decorating my home for fall
- Fall lawn renovation and new siding – pretty much a complete outdoor makeover on our home
- The return of Biggest Loser and Sing-Off
- Pumpkin baked goods & chili
- Football games
- Family/friend get-togethers with s’mores
- Our fall races (a 5k, 4 mile run, and maybe a couple of others)
- Leaving the windows open during cooler (but not too cool) weather
- An ultrasound, feeling our baby move for the first time
In case yesterday’s photo wasn’t bright enough, today I bring you to the center of a bright yellow tulip.
I love how these bright yellow tulips are just reaching for the sun!